Friday, June 22, 2007

06/21/07 - Daily Progress Report

Today I completed several surveys on Cash Crate. Several others confirmed from previous days. (Earned: $6.50)

My earnings from AdSense went up $ .50 - woohoo! lol

Also, for the first time, one of the articles I submitted to Associated Content was declined. The editor said they have too many articles on that topic (doing a budget). Oh well. So I submitted two more articles. Will wait for a payment offer.

I did a good frugal grocery shopping today. Got the kids free slices of pizza with coupons they got from the dentist. Got the pizza to go and brought drinks from home so the kids had a fun lunch and it didn't cost me a dime! (Saved $10)

Today I also took a close look at our budget and reviewed our upcoming incoming and expenses with my husband. His commissions from work have been phenomenal and we have been very careful with our spending. When I rechecked our debt balances and our debt snowball I was thrilled to learn that by next summer we will have everything paid off except our HELOQ. It will take another 2 years to pay off the HELOQ, so 3 years total until we will be debt free except for the house! Yeay! This is a lot better than the 5 1/2 years it originally looked like it would take us. And who knows, if my extra income keeps up we could finish even sooner. Then I got a little carried away and did a Debt Snowball to see how fast we could pay off our mortgage if we added our current $1,100 debt payments toward the mortgage payment. I was so excited to see that we could have the house paid off in 7 years!! Then I remembered we need to save our Fully Funded Emergency Fund (6 months of living expenses). This will be about $30,000 so it will take a while. But I am feeling very encouraged today!

Total Saved: $10
Total Earned: $7