Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Braces Update

(photo courtesy of

Thanks to everyone who commented on my Braces dilemma.

I decided to not pay in full up front for the 5% discount. The reason I decided this isn't really financial. After I thought about it for a while, I started to wonder what would happen if we were unhappy with the services we were receiving or what if we needed to relocate for my husband's job (unlikely, but anything's possible). If I had paid in full it might be difficult to get a refund of any funds. If I pay as I go I feel I have more flexibility. And, there is no finance charge of any kind, so that makes me feel like this is not a new debt.