Friday, June 1, 2007

Dazzling Jewelry Creations

Dazzling Jewelry Creations is the jewelry business I started in early 2006. I started making jewelry as a hobby and decided to turn my hobby into a business. It has worked out very well. I get to do something that I enjoy while making a profit. It has been a little more work starting the business on my own rather than signing up for another company like Silpada, but by starting my own business I get to keep all the profits rather than just a percentage that would be offered by working for another company. So far the majority of my business has come from referrals. I do have a website (www.dazzlingjewelrycreations.com) but I need to work on optimizing the site, so I have not yet gotten much business from the website. I also do jewelry parties which are a lot of fun and are also very profitable. I am actually doing a "make your own bracelet" party tonight which I am very much looking forward to. I make all kinds of jewelry including bracelets, necklaces, and earrings, as well as bookthongs (beaded bookmarks) and keychains. The most popular item I design are "Mother's Bracelets". These are bracelets designed for a mother (or grandmother, Aunt, etc.) featuring the names and/or birthstones of her children. They make great gifts because they are very unique and sentimental. If you have a hobby that you enjoy, why not consider turning it into a business?