Friday, September 14, 2007

09/14/07 - Daily Progress Report

Today I rediscovered my joy in couponing. One of the local grocery stores was having such a great deal. They had all kinds of cereals and snack foods on sale, plus were offering a $5.00 off coupon when you purchased 10 of the participating products, plus there were coupons for all of those items in the newspaper flyer, plus there was a $10.00 mail in rebate when you purchase 10 of the products. Wow!! It was really great! Here's what I got for a total of $19.00:

(2) Boxes Kellogg's Special K Red Berry Cereal
(2) Boxes Kellogg's Pops Cereal
(2) Boxes Pop Tarts
(2) Boxes Eggo Waffles
(6) Boxes Nature Valley Granola Bars
(6) Boxes Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks
(2) Boxes Rice Krispie Treats

Over the past couple of days I also managed to go through all of my kids clothes. (This should have been done earlier in the summer.) I realized that they have a lot of clothes. So I returned some more of the back to school clothes. A total of another $98.00. (I am realizing just how much I must have spent total on back to school clothes, since I have returned about $350.00 dollars worth. Clearly I overspent to begin with. I probably shouldn't include this returned money in my earnings, but I will because at least I came to my senses and didn't keep clothes that we don't need.)

Today's Earnings: $109.63
Returned items: $98.00
Rebate: $10.00
Cash Crate: $1.63
Ad Revenue: $ .51