Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black Friday

Well, as is the tradition in my family, I went shopping with two of my sisters yesterday - Black Friday. We got up at 4:30am and were at the stores by 5am. The sales weren't as good as they have been in the past, but we still did well and had fun. (I know that would be the farthest thing from fun for a lot of people, but we enjoy it.)

We had a great Thanksgiving. This was the first year that I hosted it at my house, since my parents just moved to Florida. I didn't mind hosting, especially since my Mom gave me a check to pay for the food for the meal, but having so many overnight guests staying at the house did make it difficult. We had my Mom, my Dad, my sister, her husband, and their two kids, and my other sister. On top of the five in my family, it really was a house full - especially with only one shower. But we did fine.

I didn't manage to get things ready for the craft fair that is today, so I skipped it. This really is a waste since I already paid $25 for the booth, but things have just been too busy. I will have to do better planning next year.

I have most of my Christmas shopping done and I think I'm doing okay as far as the budget, but I really need to organize everything and add up how much I have spent on each person.

I have budgeted $200 for each of my three children. I don't know if people think this is high, but it is difficult to keep it less because as the kids get older, the cost of the items they want goes up considerably.

Anyway, I will hopefully be posting more now that my house guests have gone and things can hopefully get back to normal. :)