Sunday, September 9, 2007

Menu Planning

Planning weekly dinner menus is another great way to keep your expenses down. If you know what you will be having for dinner you can be sure you have all the ingredients on hand and avoid costly stops at the convenience store. Or worse, getting take out or deciding last minute to have dinner out.

I plan my menu on Sunday and do my grocery shopping on Monday. I keep my family calendar beside me as I make the menu selection, making sure to plan quick and easy meals for the evenings we have activities and the more elaborate meals for our free evenings.

Here's my menu plan for this week:

Sunday: Chicken, Broccoli, & Ziti
Monday: Hamburgers & Hot Dogs
Tuesday: Chicken Fajitas
Wednesday: Spaghetti & Meatballs
Thursday: Barbequed Chicken
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: Leftovers