Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hi

We're back from my sister's wedding in Florida. We had a great time, but there was one major unfortunate incident. I lost $1,000 cash.

Well, not exactly lost. The day of the wedding we had a lot of setting up to do. My husband dropped me off to help my Mom set up for the wedding and I had the cash in my purse. I never thought to give it to my husband at that time. Then I didn't quite know what to do with my purse. We were setting up at the poolside clubhouse of their development. It is a public place so I was afraid to leave my purse around with all that cash while I was busy putting centerpieces on tables, etc. So, I put my wallet full of cash in my front pocket of my pants. I spent the day setting up and then we drove back to our hotel. Well, my wallet must have somehow fallen out of my pocket as I walked into the hotel. A half hour later the front desk called to say someone found my wallet. We retrieved the wallet that was empty of all cash, and just like that we were out $1,000!

This was only a half hour before the wedding started and I couldn't stop sobbing. My husband was mad at me, but not more than I was at myself. I pulled myself together and got through the wedding but couldn't sleep those first few nights. I'm trying to get over it but I still have a knot in my stomach.

I might rethink using cash from now on. Or at least carry around less at any given time. (I usually do withdraw about $1,000 cash at the beginning of each months fro the envelopes for groceries, gas, gifts, clothes, etc.). Maybe just carry around one week's worth at a time.