Sunday, June 8, 2008

Looking For The Track

Wanted to post this "back on track", but that may be a bit of an exaggeration. While the spending spree seems to be over, I am not where I would like to be in terms of tracking expenses and general monitoring of finances.

One reason is certainly because I have been spending a lot of time managing my new jewelry website. While I have been enjoying it, and I have been earning some money through jewelry sales, I need to find a balance.

I have not yet made out debt snowball payment for this month, but I think I have decided to make the regular budgeted payment using extra funds from out savings (that was previously earmarked for vacation/sister's destination wedding). As it seems the destination wedding may not happen and a wedding of any kind is not planned for the immediate future, I feel we should be putting this money towards debt. Vacations should come after debt has been paid off.

My husband and I are lucky that he has earned a paid reward trip through work. We will be going to Canada for 5 days with the other sales people who exceeded their goals. It will be a great trip, staying at a 5 star hotel, fancy dining, fun excursions. All expenses paid. So I am very excited about this!

Hoping to get back a little gazelle intensity soon! :)