Monday, April 7, 2008

Estimated Date For Debt Freedom

I had a remote hope that we might be able to pay off all our debts by the end of 2008, but that's looking like a long shot right now.

The good news is that we will be getting a tax refund of $10,000. This will help with our debt payoff progress obviously. And my husband will be changing our tax withholding so that we won't be lending the government our money tax free again this year. This will put another $800 or so more in our monthly paycheck, which will also help with our debt payoff progress.

But, even with these two great developments, no matter how much I play with the numbers it looks like we will still owe about $9,000 at the end of the year.

I know that it will only take us a few months longer, but it is still disappointing.

But I guess you never know what could happen between now and then. I was able to earn an extra $1,000 a month during some months last year - so, you never know . . .